The mission of the Federation of Military Universities (FMU) is to implement by the Naval Academy of the Heroes of Westerplatte in Gdynia and the Polish Air Force University in Deblin (PAFU) joint tasks aimed at the development of science and higher military education, to create innovative solutions in the field of national security and defense by conducting scientific activities, educating doctoral students, creating modern research infrastructure and implementing modern technical solutions in the military, as well as to commercialize the results of scientific activities and the know-how related to these results.
The implementation of the above goals is possible through the following activities:
- carrying out activities aimed at obtaining external funds for scientific research or development works;
- commercialization of the results of scientific research and development works;
- conducting activities aimed at intensifying scientific cooperation with domestic and foreign centers;
- education of doctoral students within the framework of doctoral schools;
- conducting proceedings for the award of academic degrees within the scope of held powers;
- establishing cooperation with the socio-economic environment;
- organizing, co-organizing and supporting the organization of symposia and conferences of scientific nature, training courses, workshops, meetings, competitions, fairs and exhibitions;
- supporting the development of scientific journals and publishing activities in participating units.