Research and technologies used to shape the scientific specialization of the Polish Air Force University are mainly focused on aviation subject.
Within the discipline of Security Science, priority research and technologies are implemented in the area of:
- state defense, including threats to state security, the state defense system, defense resource management, air safety, air defense system and the militarization of space;
- aviation safety, including security threats in air transport, air traffic management, aviation security, air rescue and crisis management in aviation organizations;
- human factor in aviation, including aviation psychology, management of crew and aviation organization resources, competences of flying and flight security personnel, didactics and methodology of education and training of aviation personnel in the Polish Armed Forces, psychophysical criteria for the selection and selection of candidates for job positions in a military organization aviation, as well as survival of aviation personnel;
- social aspects of national security, including sociological, economic, legal and organizational aspects of national security, administration in the national security system, improvement of the national security system with soft elements and the PAFU of armed conflicts.
Within the Mechanical Engineering Discipline, priority research and technologies are implemented in the area of:
- aviation materials, including composite technologies and adhesive joints, in particular testing strength properties, reliability assessment, production of composite materials, modification of mechanical, ablative, thermophysical and electrical properties, determination of resistance to mechanical dynamic (fatigue and impact) and static loads, thermal and environmental, studies of tribological properties;
- aerodynamics and flight mechanics, including aerodynamics of aircraft and icy surfaces, external ballistics, flight mechanics of airplanes and helicopters, stochastic modelling of wind fields, inverse dynamics, control of flying objects, simulation tests of flight dynamics of airplanes, helicopters, bombs, rockets, multirotors, parachutes and paragliders;
- reliability and operation of aircraft structures and engines and other aviation-related objects, including modelling and evaluation of the possibility of using non-adaptive and adaptive fuzzy expert systems in aviation on-board systems, analysis of reliability and durability of aircraft structures, risk assessment issues;
- designing aircraft structures, including unmanned aerial vehicles; preparation of technical documentation, analysis of contacts and operation of mechanisms under static, dynamic and fatigue loads, analysis of drop tests, optimization of shape, heat transfer and fluid and gas flows; spatial scanning and spatial prototyping with the use of polymeric and metallic materials;
- problems of avionics and control, including durability analyzes of on-board and radio-electronic equipment operated on civil and military aircraft, training in full control of the operation of devices, checking basic technical parameters;
- aviation and anti-aircraft weapons, including the construction and operation of small arms, unguided missiles, fuzes and firing devices (launchers), analyzing the technical condition of small-range weapons and ammunition, and short-range combat assets, research on interception and tracking by thermolocation heads of missiles.
Within the Discipline Civil Engineering and Transport, priority research and technologies are implemented in the area of:
- use of SBAS navigation assistance systems, including the implementation and application of EGNOS differential corrections to improve GPS positioning performance in real-time and post-processing mode; determining the accuracy, continuity, reliability and availability of the EGNOS aviation solution;
- radar technology in air navigation, including determination of the influence of the atmosphere (ionosphere and troposphere) on determining the position of the aircraft; testing the precision and accuracy of determining ship coordinates;
- GNSS satellite technique based on BSP technology, including the determination of basic navigation parameters of the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV); use of methods for predicting the position and orientation of UAV, algorithms for determining the coordinates and flight speed as well as HPR rotation angles (Heading, Pitch, Roll);
- GNSS meteorology. Aeronautical meteorology in air navigation, including the implementation of the GNSS satellite technique and other sensors to determine the basic meteorological and tropospheric parameters;
- advanced methods of GNSS satellite positioning in air navigation, including SPP code method, PPP measurement technique, BSSD code differential method, IF linear combination method, SBAS / EGNOS positioning method, DGNSS code differential method and RTK-OTF differential technique.
Within the other disciplines, priority research and technologies are implemented in the area of:
- quantum technologies in microelectronics: building microscopic electronic systems for applications in the aviation and space industries;
- cosmic ray analysis: research of space weather in near and far outer space, affecting the conditions in the Earth's biosphere, safety of aircraft crews, space probes, energy infrastructure, communication in terms of the impact of space weather;
- fluid mechanics, including turbulence of fluids and interactions of the flow with the flowing body, in particular an aircraft object, in various physical situations, with particular emphasis on the study of the boundary layer;
- history of aviation, as well as history of aviation weapons, cryptology and cyber defense;
- aviation medicine and psychology.
Research and technologies used to shape the scientific specialization of the Naval Academy are mainly focused on maritime issues:
- New technologies of maritime weapons;
- Automation and control of marine systems;
- Marine propulsion technologies;
- Telemonitoring of the marine environment;
- Marine target detection systems;
- Target recognition (target patterns stored in databases);
- Passive defense of the ship;
- Early warning systems for terrorist threats and response in crisis situations;
- Underwater work at great depths;
- Modern construction materials for security systems:
- Development of unmanned platforms technology used in crisis situations;
- Regional safety and security system for water transport and marine environment in the Baltic Sea area based on vessel traffic service (VTS) and automatic identification system (AIS);
- Protection of the marine environment;
- Methods of shaping the desired personality features.